Classic Tax Service

W2 Form Status

You have been directed to this webpage because we have not received a W-2 form from either you or from your employer(s). We must have all your W-2 forms in order to file a tax return and obtain your tax refund. Please provide your name and CCUSA or WEUSA ID and then check the response below which best describes your situation. Read our instructions to you in parentheses which follow each response.
  • CCUSA ID Number

  • W2 Status

    Please indicate the status of your W2 form

W2 Form FAQs

Each employer is required by law to print the W-2 form in January of each year for the preceding tax year. 

A W-2 Wage and Tax Statement is an official record of the amount of money you earned and the amount of tax withheld from your paychecks. Each employer for whom you work must print this form. We must have this form in order to file your tax return with the U.S. government.

If you use our address on your W-4 form when you begin employment, your W-2 will be sent to our Tax Service address because your W-2 is sent to whatever address you give on your W-4. (See our sample W-4 form.)

Yes but we recommend you have your W-2 sent to the CCUSA Tax Service directly. This eliminates your receiving it and either forgetting to forward it to us or losing it in the process.

No, we require a W-2 form in order to file your tax return. We cannot substitute your paycheck stubs.

If we don’t receive the W2 form in a timely manner, we will let you know so that you can contact your employer to ask for it. It is your responsibility to contact your employer and ask that the W-2 form be sent to us. We cannot do this for you.

If you receive it, you should immediately post ALL COPIES to our address (see below).

You will know that we have received it because you will receive our tax questionnaire. You will know we have not received it because we will email you to inform you that we are still waiting for your W-2.

Although the employer is obliged to send the W2 form, sometimes unfortunately, he/she does not. The IRS lists a ‘help line’ for people who cannot obtain their W2 forms from employers.  After February 14th, the IRS will help you. Call 1-800-829-1040. There is no guarantee that this will work but it is worth a try. The CCUSA Tax Service cannot place this call for you or contact your employers directly.

In some cases, Form 4852 can be used instead of the W2 but NOT IN EVERY CASE. It should be used as a last resort only. You would need to download the form from the IRS website (, fill it out including ALL the information requested (this includes wages, taxes withheld, employer information, …. ). Most of this information will be listed on the LAST paycheck stub you received from your employer. You must send the original of this form to the CCUSA Tax Service as well as a clear copy of your last paycheck stub.

901 E Street, Suite 300
San Rafael, CA 94901
+1 800-277-8062
+1 415-339-2739

Scroll to Top